All are invited to worship with us at Emmanuel Church. We are affiliated with the Inclusive Church network where we believe in celebration and affirmation of every person, without discrimination. We have regular services at the following times:
1030am, every Sunday
630pm, every 1st Sunday of the month
Below are some practical expectations.
- You will find a diverse worship range in our morning services led predominantly by Methodist & URC ministers, but we also regularly invite other ministers from the Central Sussex United Area (CSUA) to lead our services and also of visiting speakers.
- Evening Worship tends to be a quieter, reflective service, with a variety of styles, such as Iona, Taizé, Healing & Holy Communion services.
- On the first Sunday of the month, there is an All Age Service, which is particularly suitable for younger ones, though all ages are invited to join us for any of our services.
- A well equipped creche is situated at the rear of the church, where you can also listen and view the service.
- We share in the Holy Communion at least once a month, all are invited. The sacraments are safely prepared and covered prior to the service. The bread is gluten-free, the wine is non-alcoholic. If worshipping online, you can participate too, simply prepare before the service a small piece of bread and juice. And of course, you can indeed join in the service, but decide not to take communion if you prefer.
- Hymn words are projected on to screens. For those who have trouble reading from a screen, large print hymn books will be available.
- An induction loop system is installed in the sanctuary.
- Morning Worship on Sunday is live-streamed on our website and on YouTube, you can join us here.
- All our Morning Worship services are also recorded and available to view from our Service Archive.
- Following Morning Worship, you are warmly invited to stay for fellowship and refreshments in the hall.